2/14/07

No Flowers For Algernon

I saw a rose today.
It's beauty reminded me of no one in particular.
It's soft and sultry petals brought memories to mind of no one's lips.

I smelled a rose today.
It's beautiful perfume evoked a passion and a feeling that i don't possess.
The aroma was familiar to me like the hair of no one.

I bought a rose today.
I thought of no one as i bought it.
I had no one to give it to.

I saw a rose today.


So yeah. My first Valentine's alone after RaChel broke up with me. I'm so freekin mopey. But I can't help it. And truthfully, I don't mind. I long for this sorrow, and I ache for this depression. You see, without this loneliness, without this pain, then I have no idea the heights of my joy. Life is like a roller coaster. The highs seem so much higher when the lows are really low. If being alone didn't kill me so much, then I would have no vantage point to understand why I yearn for company.

Shibby.

No comments: