now falls over her face scarred and scared.
Eyes that once were immaculate sparkling pools now leak tears that stain her cheeks.
Her smile that once lit up the world now quivers and hides.
Her voice that once sang angelic whimsy now cries of pain and torment.
Hands that once supported the world now grope desperately for help.
A mind that once pure now is black with knowledge of hate and fear.
A girl that once was happy now knows the truth.
So. This one. This is a bitter poem. I am of youth that is fed up with the world. I am of a generation that knows the bitter truth of life. I am of a generation dissatisfied and discontent.
Also, based slightly on a good friend of mine. She was a beautiful, whimsical girl in her youth, but as she aged learned more of the world around her, she became hard and cold. This is for you, my love. May God keep his eyes on you and his hands near. Amen.
So. This one. This is a bitter poem. I am of youth that is fed up with the world. I am of a generation that knows the bitter truth of life. I am of a generation dissatisfied and discontent.
Also, based slightly on a good friend of mine. She was a beautiful, whimsical girl in her youth, but as she aged learned more of the world around her, she became hard and cold. This is for you, my love. May God keep his eyes on you and his hands near. Amen.
1 comment:
i like this one
luvz cuz
Post a Comment